Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

State of Maryland just passed a new relief act 2021which repeals all state and local income taxes on unemployment benefits. Does Turbotax has implemented it?

Great post!  The official State of Maryland release tells it all about handling of unemployment for Individuals in Maryland.  Begins on page 3.

https://www.marylandtaxes.gov/RELIEFAct/docs/RELIEF_Act_Tax_Alert.pdf

You will know TurboTax has been updated when you see Form 502-LU appearing in the Maryland processing.

👍

State of Maryland just passed a new relief act 2021which repeals all state and local income taxes on unemployment benefits. Does Turbotax has implemented it?

It could take anywhere from a week to a few weeks for all tax prep services to have these changes implemented.  It can take a bit of time to implement due to the complex nature of programming, testing and collaborating with the State of MD to make sure that the necessary changes are implemented properly.

frivera

I've been waiting to file for like a month. The wait to file page keeps coming up every day that I check, even with the page saying it should be updated by early April at the latest. It's basically late April. I just spoke to a TurboTax representative and she said it has been updated, but I don't believe it because the wait to file page continues to show. Frustrating.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

UPDATED: April 21, 2021

Check your state below to see if you need to amend your state return to get the $10,200 of unemployment income benefits according to the American Rescue Plan.

If yours hasn’t been updated yet, check back next week. We’re working hard to incorporate all states’ changes into TurboTax.

Maryland (MD)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It does show the adjustment for the 10,200 for maryland but does not show the update for the maryland releif act for the 502lu in maryland. MD comptroller said that they were working with tax services while creating the form but then when its released none of the tax services have updated it so basically we waited months for the form to be released and then when it's released none of the tax services have it updated.So now a longer waiting game.All these tax provisions were passed in middle of of tax season so millions of people can't file because there waiting on forms to incorporated.This was suppose to help the American people but this has done nothing but put us in bind and we have to wait longer on money we need during the pandemic.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The MD 502LU is in the program. File and try to relax.

@Eagles1991

The state changes were  announced April 15th. When will they be implemented in this year's Turbo Tax?

Is there a way to be notified when an update is available?

Never mind. Just saw that they were updated. Pretty quick turnaround, for sure!

Thanks.

Exactly! I went in today to try to do amended return and the 502x is there but not the 502LU. 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Mike3206

Are you using the CD/download product or the Online product?

I created the 502LU yesterday evening using the CD/download software, and I would expect that the Online system was updated at the same time.

Thanks everyone I found the 502 lu and it automatically applies it to the state tax form if ur eligible for it on turbotax.so seems to be updated for the maryland form 502lu but when u go to end to file it says that the state forms are still being updated and will be done by early April but I guess a glitch in the system that needs to be fixed

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Eagles1991

Were you able to e-file anyway?

It allowed me to efile.i did it today and it said I could e file and federal was accepted same day but waiting to see on state of Maryland 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

So, yes on federal, but waiting to see if Maryland accepts or rejects?

Thanks! Let us know when you hear something.

@Eagles1991

Yes correct.federal accepted waiting to see if maryland rejects or accepts it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies