Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

State of Maryland just passed a new relief act 2021which repeals all state and local income taxes on unemployment benefits. Does Turbotax has implemented it?

Hello was the new forms updated for the maryland tax repeal on turbo tax. They said all forms will be updated by April 15th.is that still true when will turbotax update there forms for Maryland state taxes

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

State of Maryland just passed a new relief act 2021which repeals all state and local income taxes on unemployment benefits. Does Turbotax has implemented it?

TurboTax calculations have not been updated for Maryland. If you haven’t filed your return, you can either:

• Wait for TurboTax to be updated along with your state, or
  • File your return now and potentially amend later if they do not follow the federal guidelines.

Please return to check update here:  Your state unemployment exclusion

@Eagles1991

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Has the maryland unemployment state tax repeal form completed and has turbotax implemented it in there system

The Maryland law has been passed. 

The new form is 502LU and is available on the Website: https://www.marylandtaxes.gov/individual/income/forms/2020_Income_Tax_Forms.php.

It is not available in TurboTax.

I talked with a tax expert at TurboTax today and TurboTax has NOT been updated for Maryland yet.

Bill O.

Yeah I don’t understand why it’s taking them so long to do MD and DC? They are the only ones not updated!

I don't think Turbo Tax knows what they're doing.  I spoke with a Turbo Tax representative last week who said they were updated.  She sent me two different emails which was basically a copy of a thread from the Turbo Tax help section where someone stated they were updated on Turbo Tax.  I was going to file today, but I think I'll wait since there seems to be conflicting answers.  

Yeah I don’t think MD or DC has updated their forms on Turbo Tax yet. I have no idea why it’s taking them so long.

I got off from a call with a Turbotax expert. He said to check in couple of days or next week. 

Thanks for the info.

Not finding in TurboTax Deluxe 2020 that the Maryland State form that certain State unemployment compensation is excluded from taxable income in the State tax calculation. The delay was that the forms needed to be updated and then loaded into TurboTax Deluxe.  Where can I exclude Unemployment???? Bob Bokma

I do not believe any versions have been updated.  I have Premier and I have not seen it.

It is not just a matter of updating forms - there is quite a bit of programming and testing (spoken from 50 years experience in IT).  I doubt if they would release it in one version and not in all.

One way you will have an idea it might be fixed is if you see a Maryland State software update when you open TurboTax.  At that point, check your return to see if there are unemployment questions, etc. and if your refund amount if more than in your previous run.

All the other states have been updated by Turbo Tax except MD and DC. They are the only ones they haven’t updated on Turbo Tax yet. 

I still need the MD State return update as well.

Here is the official release from the State of Maryland, not from a news outlet.

https://www.marylandtaxes.gov/RELIEFAct/docs/RELIEF_Act_Tax_Alert.pdf

Yes MD has updated the forms but Turbo Tax hasn’t updated them yet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies