Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Self-employed E-filing for state (DC) never asked for scans of W2 or 1099s. Do I need to upload separately etc.?

Hi everyone, I just E-filed my taxes for the first time. Normally I use TurboTax for self employed, federal and state (Washington, DC), and print out hard copies and mail them in with checks. But after I E-filed today I realized I never uploaded or scanned etc. my 1099s or W2 (which was for one-time gig work). Normally the Washington, DC Office of Tax and Revenue requires that I attach copies of my 1099s and any W2s to my hard copy mailed-in returns. When I E-filed earlier today I never scanned anything etc. but TurboTax said I was all set. Do I need to scan and submit scans of my 1099s and W2 separately to state/Washington, DC? 

I did indeed manually enter the data on my 1099s and W2 while completing my federal and state returns. And I paid what I owed separately, directly to federal and state, online. Thank you. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Self-employed E-filing for state (DC) never asked for scans of W2 or 1099s. Do I need to upload separately etc.?

As long as you entered the data shown on your 1099s and W-2 while working on your return, you are all set.  When you electronically file your returns, all of the needed information is transmitted to the taxing authorities and you do not need to upload or mail any additional documents.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

As long as you entered the data shown on your 1099s and W-2 while working on your return, you are all set.  When you electronically file your returns, all of the needed information is transmitted to the taxing authorities and you do not need to upload or mail any additional documents.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks a lot, Annette! You'd think that would be made clear when filing, or that that information would be easy to find, but it wasn't. Have a great night. I really appreciate your help. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies