turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

efbanker

Recovery rebate Credit Worksheet Line 19 , have added my stimulus program checks for errors

When using turbo tax I enter my stimulus first payment of 1200.00 and second of 600.00 , program checks for errors and opens up window for this needs looking at. Shows line 19 on the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet and it states Second received previously must be entered.  I did enter it earlier .
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Recovery rebate Credit Worksheet Line 19 , have added my stimulus program checks for errors

There seems to be an error with your Recovery Rebate credit wroksheet.

Delete the form that has the error.

You will need to open TurboTax in a browser or on a computer.  This will not work in the app.

1. Go to Tax Tools on the left panel of your screen
  2. Tools
  3. Delete a Form
  4. Find the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet and click Delete  
  5. At the top of your tax return select Federal Review

Insert fed review pic

That will take you to this screen where it asks if you have already received your stimulus payments.  If you received the first or second payment already, then select Yes and fill in the information.  If you did not receive any payment select No.  If you received the first payment only, fill in that amount and put zero (0) for the second payment.

When the screen is correct, you refund will be adjusted for the amount of stimulus payment that will be added to your 2020 refund.

Insert Stim Pic here

efbanker

The problem I believe is in the software, my apple computer could not run the program. On windows  10 it ran fine, you would need a programer to verify , thank - you for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies