Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reciprocity between VA, DC and MD

I live in MD and I worked in DC and VA during 2019. I have always worked outside of MD and this is the first year that DC and VA taxes were withheld making me owe MD. However, I know I should have rechecked my pay statement before now. But, to correct it I believe all I have to do is file the 763-S form with VA to get a refund of the amount withheld and include a copy of my W-2 and I think my MD Income tax return. However, I am still looking for the form needed to get a refund of the DC taxes withheld.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You lucked out.  Both DC and VA have simple  forms that you can file to get the withholding back.  (Some states require you file a full non-resident tax return to get it back))

The DC form is the D-40B  :

https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/node/1450551

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You lucked out.  Both DC and VA have simple  forms that you can file to get the withholding back.  (Some states require you file a full non-resident tax return to get it back))

The DC form is the D-40B  :

https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/node/1450551

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies