Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On my NY state return, turbotax is asking me to fill in Sch A Part 2 code on form IT 225. I don't think i need to fill this out, how to get rid of it, or whats the code?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

On my NY state return, turbotax is asking me to fill in Sch A Part 2 code on form IT 225. I don't think i need to fill this out, how to get rid of it, or whats the code?

Form IT-225, Schedule A (Part 2), would not have to be entered if you do not receive a K-1 from a partnership or a shareholder or are a beneficiary. 

Per New York State, you have to complete Form IT-225 and submit it with your return to report any New York additions and subtractions that do not have their own line on your return. 

Before you delete the form from you return, you should look at Instructions for Form IT-225 on page 17-19 of the PDF file to see if you have any additions or subtractions that need to be entered on this form. If you do, then New York State provides the corresponding code for you. 

If you have determined this does not apply to your return, you can delete the form. 

To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Open your tax return.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down to your state forms and look for IT-225 and click Delete
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
OttoKarl

I can't find the TOOLS button to delete IT225

Where is it ?

Thanks

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

The TOOLS button would be on the left hand side (gray column) towards the bottom of the page. 

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, you can follow these instructions:

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form you want to remove.
  3. After the form is generated in the right pane, select the Delete Form button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Follow any instructions to remove the form or forms.

@OttoKarl

foontou

When I go to tools > delete forms Form IT 225 isn't on the delete list. This form doesn't apply to me but I can't e-file my taxes until I enter a code. Why is turbo tax asking me to file this form when it doesn't apply to me?

gaditoro
Returning Member

This is happening to me too...I can't find an answer anywhere!!!!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Try this. Go to your state return tab in your return and then remove the NYS return y selecting the trash can icon.  Log out of your turbo Tax return to save the change. Now log back in again and go to the state taxes tab to add NYS back into your return.  See if this clears the error.

@gaditoro @courtneyc10 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies