Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On-line Premier, State Taxes section does not display W2s?

I'm using on-line Premier. My state taxes section for income displays, "Here's the income that Illinois handles differently." I do not see the W2 information that I entered into the federal section. I do see some other income topics that needed attention at the state level. (Schedule K1, retirement income, etc.)   Does this new version of Turbotax NOT display the W2s in the state taxes section when applicable? For background information, I am an employee of my corporation and receive W2 salary. I also withhold the full employer and employee FICA from my wages. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

The Form W-2 information you enter into the federal portion of the return is transferred to the state returns but will not display unless you need to allot between multiple states or there is a type of income that is handled differently. 

You should see it included in your state income when you view the state return before you file, or you can check the state summary now. 
You can preview the information on your federal 1040 form and state form by clicking on Tax Tools, on the left

• Select Tools 
  • Then select View Tax Summary, first on the list under Helpful Links.  This will show basic information about the return.
  • In the upper left-hand area, in the menu, click on Preview Illinois Tax Summary
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

The Form W-2 information you enter into the federal portion of the return is transferred to the state returns but will not display unless you need to allot between multiple states or there is a type of income that is handled differently. 

You should see it included in your state income when you view the state return before you file, or you can check the state summary now. 
You can preview the information on your federal 1040 form and state form by clicking on Tax Tools, on the left

• Select Tools 
  • Then select View Tax Summary, first on the list under Helpful Links.  This will show basic information about the return.
  • In the upper left-hand area, in the menu, click on Preview Illinois Tax Summary
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you TeresaM!

Excellent instructions and well written. I was able to find the Illinois summary and start with the Federal Adjusted Gross Income. I backed out my numbers to confirm the multiple income inputs. Thank you!

DA960

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies