Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

NY COVID distributions delay

It depends.  Please clarify, what different error message are you receiving?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After the updated NYS came out last night. I no longer get the error message about the Pension/Annuities but it keeps saying I have to file my Federal. I already did file it and it's been accepted. And TT page is confirming e-filed. But the next actual e-file page keeps saying please go back and choose federal to e-file with your state. Please be advised that previous page doesnt give me the option to choose FEDERAL, because its showing that i already did 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, disregard that message. You should be able to file your NYS return without difficulty. 

@joeyhimura  YES!!!  I just spent an HOUR and 45 minutes on the phone with Turbo Tax Live....  They fixed the pension worksheet form , but now I am unable to file my NY STATE taxes....They tried everything under the sun, but nothing worked.  I even uninstalled TurboTax and reinstalled.  The person on the phone said he was going to start a new thread on here titled "Unable to E-File Ny Return....he did not sound confident that TurboTax would be able to fix that problem and suggested mailing in my return!!!  I am so aggravated!!!  

@DaveF1006   Now there is a new problem for those of us who already filed the federal, now TurboTax won't let me file the state...see above...  @joeyhimura 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. Try this procedure that seems to work for many people according to this Turbo Tax link.

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Under Your tax returns & documents, select Show, and then select 2020.
  3. Now select Add a state (this reopens your return).
  4. Select State from the left menu (on mobile devices, tap in the upper-left corner to open the menu).
  5. On the Let's get your state taxes done right screen, select Continue and follow the instructions.

For the Cd/Download Software

With your return open, select the State Taxes tab near the top. This will take you to the state section and you can proceed from there.

if neither of these work, please call tax support at 1-800-446-8848 for further assistance. The have the ability to look at your screen and help you file your state tax return.

Hey everyone. I am the OP to this discussion. I was able to finally efile state today. I didn’t mess with anything. I just waited it out for this annoying issue to pass. Tried state this morning and all went through. 

Hello,  and thank you for your reply
Turbo Tax hold up me to e-file/not allow me to e-file, asking to go back and to chose a federal so......
it is impossible to  ''disregard'' 🙂
Please see bellow -
that is exactly what  the last e file screen reads
''To e-file you must also select the federal return
Click back to select federal and any other returns you d like to file''
the previous page showing 
''select the returns you are ready to E file'' 
''NEY YORK'' '' E-FILE MY STATE RETURN NOW''
''THE FOLLOWING RETURNS HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED'' ''NJ,'' ''FEDERAL''

can you to report this issue to IT?
I did call and created the investigation,
but they didn't take the screenshots so i don t believe if somebody is going to  do something.
thank you

@DaveF1006  I have the software version.   That way does not work.  I spent 1 hour and 45 minutes on the phone with tech support and it still does not work.  I really hope Turbo Tax fixes this.  

Hi @joeyhimura please check out our latest FAQ and sign up for notifications . 

Link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

Thank you

I'm having the same problem getting my state of California taxes efiled after filing my Federal taxes last night.  This morning trying to efile my CA state taxes, TT says I need to Fed & State together to go back. In doing so shows Fed has been filed and unable to efile State return. TT 's loss because they were charging $25.00 to E-file State.

I find this ridiculous waiting so long to hear that one problem was fixed and now we cannot file our state return.  TT need to fix this ASAP.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies