turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

abp71291
Returning Member

NJ State Tax Return - Mailing

I completed my taxes online. Since I didn't have my PIN for my tax return last year, I was not able to e-file and they said I had to mail it. I downloaded and printed my return. Everything looks fine on my federal. On my NJ state tax return all the pages say "DO NOT MAIL... E-FILE ONLY".

I am confused why it came to me like this, am I allowed to sign this and mail it anyway?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The message DO NOT FILE or DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL will appear on your printout if the paper-filed (print) version of the tax form has not yet been finalized in TurboTax.   Do not file the forms with the watermark on them.

For information on state forms availability please click on this link:  State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The message DO NOT FILE or DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL will appear on your printout if the paper-filed (print) version of the tax form has not yet been finalized in TurboTax.   Do not file the forms with the watermark on them.

For information on state forms availability please click on this link:  State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

abp71291
Returning Member

Thanks, it just says do not mail, but it told me I was not able to e-file so that is why its confusing me. The federal is fine just the state says it.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

When the forms are finalized, the forms should no longer have the watermark when you print them out.

7ema86

My NJ State return tax forms still have the water mark of DON'T MAIL E-FILE ONLY. I filed on January and it is end of May now!! how do I get this water mark removed?!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies