turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gshforever
Returning Member

NJ State tax e-file got accepted on 5.19. How will the tax due be charged by the state?

My NJ State tax e-filing got accepted on 5.19. During the e-filing process for NJ state, TurboTax asked my bank information, I provided my checking account and also selected the option to let NJ tax department deduct form my checking account by themselves. However, I downloaded all NJ tax return document forms, but I don't see anywhere/forms that contain my bank information. So, how NJ state will deduce my due payment? 

Since Turbotax specifically asked to provide the bank information and the option to pay online directly, I though NJ then knows the bank account information and will charge directly (electronically, online, I mean). Now, I'm quite confused. Should I still send voucher & check to NJ tax department, and will it be counted as late payment in that case?

Please help clarify. Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

NJ State tax e-file got accepted on 5.19. How will the tax due be charged by the state?

How you chose to pay the state taxes owed will be on the State Filing Instructions page and will be on the State Information Worksheet Part V if direct debit was available as an option.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

The bank information does not appear anywhere on the New Jersey tax forms, but it is transmitted as part of the e-file. (An e-filed tax return is a digital file, not an image of the tax forms.) You should see the bank information in the "Balance Due/Refund" section at the top of the Electronic Filing Instructions page. If the filing instructions say you are paying by direct debit, and the bank information is there, then the state has your bank information and they will take the payment from your bank account. Do not send another payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies