turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NJ Return status Pending even 3 days after filing

Hi,

I e-Filed my Tax returns in Apr/10/2022 evening,  the status of NJ Tax returns still shows as pending (as of Apr/13/2022 8:50 PM).  The status for IRS and NY are Accepted.    The state of NJ already deducted the money (taxes) I owe from my bank account.  Can you  please clarify why the status still shows Pending even after they deduct money from my bank ?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

78 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately we do not have access to any tax filing information, but since the payment was processed by New Jersey it is safe to say the have the information so it should be processed in a few days.  If you would like to get help, you can get expert assistance by calling us at 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848). (Note this is obviously a very busy time so you may just want to check online again.)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Was your return finally accepted?  I'm in the same boat.  NJ still pending after 3 day after filing.  IRS was accepted in less than 30 minutes.

Yes, it was accepted by NJ after midnight on the day the money (taxes due) was dedicated from my bank account. 

Aseguram

Was your return finally accepted?  mine is still in pending Status.... not sure what to do, it's 4 days now...

My NJ state status also pending after 3 days. Filed on Sat morning. not sure what is going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. I filed on the 14th. my Fed was accepted, and as of today - the 19th. , NJ still says pending.

NJ can take up to a week, especially near the filing deadline.

Mine was finally accepted this morning on the 19th.  I filed for an extension last night just to be safe.  I didn't owe any money.

Thanks for the info.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

Fed & NY all good, but NJ still pending and its been 3 business days. 

roesed43

I'm in the same situation.  I filed 4/18/22.  IRS return accepted immediately, but State is still pending.  I do not owe money.  What's up with them?

My NJ e-file is still pending 5th day...

Finally today NJ state accepted my return.. 6th day

tbonds67

@wnetmw

If you don't owe money then you don't need to file an extension.

If you were fully confident that NJ would eventually accept your return and that they would correctly take your e-filing date as the effective date, you would be right.  But we are in uncharted territory here.  In past years, NJ has accepted returns in 36 hours plus or minus a couple of hours.  This year it is obviously different.  So having no insight as to what the problem is, an extension is a free option.  There are posts on this forum where people have had Turbotax tell them they e-filed but the state has no record of it.  

Also I do owe money in a way in that my refund is supposed to cover my first quarter estimated taxes due on April 18.  I still have no confirmation that my estimated tax payment has been credited or on what date it is to be credited.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies