Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

PASS THROUGH BUSINESS ALTERNATIVE INCOME TAX CREDIT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ELECTRONIC FILING"  anyone else getting the same error >?   i do not have  this on my return 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

Yes, I am getting the same error.  I tried to efile fed and NJ this morning with no luck.Doyou or does TT have an update?  I can't circumvent this error.  Idont have any business 

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

Same here, start on 2/17 updates.

rigneja

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

bumping this up for resolution

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

I am getting this error also.

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

yes. add me to the list.  like everyone, we do not have this form nor do I even know what this is.  Right now its best still  not to efile until we find out.

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

I'm getting that error too... nothing to report on a pass through business deduction. 

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

This is a known issue caused by an update to the New Jersey forms that were just released.  It is being worked on and you should keep checking back to see if it is fixed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
floressm
Returning Member

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

Filing with Turbo Tax, one W2, work in NJ and live in NY. Receiving this error:

"Returns with Pass-Through Business Alternative Income Tax Credit are not eligible for electronic filing"

I don't have a business.  

floressm
Returning Member

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

If this is a known issue, why didn't the last two "experts" know this and share it with me. Both Toby and Christopher had me on the line with no answers.

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

floressm been working this since 1pm.  every agent either know nothing about the error or why its there or gives erroneous feedback.  One told me there are many states involved, but you only see NJ on the forum.  Im on the phone now with an agent and its the 1st she heard of this.  TT is definitely having an issue in not communicating with their help people and not one has the same advice.  People with this error do not have business and it occurred after the updates for NJ were applied today.  Occurs at the final review.  So my question to TT is how do you handle 2 states, like me, where the state of residence want my non resident return if NJ has to be mailed??  Should at least have a link to check to see if its fixed.  Any rep I talked to could not say when it will be fixed.  I only see what other people say

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

Anyone getting any answers to this problem?

Elongo78

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

Same error and it efiled federal and now I have to mail NJ yet they still charged me for NJ EFILE

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

I tried to efile federal and it failed. I'll try again next week. If it goes through I'll try to efile the state again.

SB74
Level 2

NJ EFILE ERROR ?

NJ Tax error - Please help resolve it

Capture NJ TT.PNG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies