Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nebraska tax form not ready yet?? Email says yes but update still says no HELP!

So, I did my taxes and it stated Nebraska 1040N not available yet. I signed up to be notified and have been sent the email TWICE that it is available. I update my Turbo tax and am still getting the same message. Someone posted a list of available state returns and Nebraska was available yet it won't update for me! HELP!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes the form has been ready, but the initial update failed to send through the 1040N. I've done all those things you said. I even called last Friday, and techs are aware of the issue. An there still hasn't been an update to fix the one one that had the glitch. I've been checking several times a day. I was told 24 hrs and it's been days an still isn't fixed. So how long is it going to take to be fixed?

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Ed Z

Have experienced exactly the same as Bridgettrottie.  Will someone PLEASE RESPOND!!

Having the same problem! Checked Nebraska Revenue site it says all forms are final! So has anyone found a solution or gotten a response?

Got in touch with someone at Turbo tax. Its a problem on there end with the the forms being updated. There working on a solution as we speak. 

I talked with a Turbo Tax agent on Thurs. She told me that all state forms would be ready on Friday. It is now Saturday and NE is still NOT there :(  UGH!!!!

Ya I was told 24hrs yesterday, and nope it's still not there! 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 1040N for Nebraska, does show available. If you haven't already, please reboot log out and back in. If that does not work make sure there are no updates available. 

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes the form has been ready, but the initial update failed to send through the 1040N. I've done all those things you said. I even called last Friday, and techs are aware of the issue. An there still hasn't been an update to fix the one one that had the glitch. I've been checking several times a day. I was told 24 hrs and it's been days an still isn't fixed. So how long is it going to take to be fixed?

Trust me; if it was that easy; I would have had my taxes done days ago!!! EVEN THE REPS show it's available but one they continue on- it is NOT! I have updated my Turbo tax and keep getting the SAME MESSAGE! I have had 2 open cases with phone calls all ending w/ the s ame issue! The forms are NOT transferring! (as of this am).

Your info is not correct. I've dealt with several agents and at first they think "oh the form is available" but it's not. It is not transferring. I truly hope Turbo Tax offers us a partial refund since I paid for the Deluxe Edition so that I could do my state taxes and here it is 8 days later and I can't do them!!! UGH!

Guess what!! After 9 days of dealing with this (2 "customer service" phone calls and lots of research/posting on my end) and just waiting and waiting- I decided to go the social media route. I replied on a post on Facebook -Turbo Tax page. One girl, Lexi assisted me. I had to delete my old Turbo Tax and she was able to get a new one sent to me. I saved my tax files and I was a little worried my Federal might get screwed up. BUT, it all worked out and I was able to finally file my NE return!!! 2 words- social media! Customer service on here is terrible as are the phone calls to get help.

Guess what!! After 9 days of dealing with this (2 "customer service" phone calls and lots of research/posting on my end) and just waiting and waiting- I decided to go the social media route. I replied on a post on Facebook -Turbo Tax page. One girl, Lexi assisted me via FB messenger and email. I had to delete my old Turbo Tax and she was able to get a new one sent to me. I saved my tax files and I was a little worried my Federal might get screwed up. BUT, it all worked out and I was able to finally file my NE return!!! 2 words- social media! Customer service on here is terrible as are the phone calls to get help.

This is still a problem. The form IS available but when trying to complete Nebraska, it says the government is still working on them. 

Intuit - we know the forms are available. We have deleted Nebraska, restarted and put Nebraska back in. We have updated TT. It does not fix this! 

Tax Cut is looking better and better. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Please fill this form out for someone to call you.

@Bill_Bright

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I uninstalled the whole TurboTax software and put it back on again. An TurboTax helped me do it. When I reinstalled the whole program I got the fixed update, but l had saved PDFs of the info I already had imputed. When loaded back on to the reinstalled TurboTax program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies