turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Maryland state tax return error

I am getting the following error in turboxtax.com and not exactly sure what to do:

Form 502: _ Form calculation (State and local income taxes) has not been finalized. You must obtain an update before you file your return. To receive an update, select Check for Updates from the Online menu to connect to our website.

Should I ignore it and File anyway? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

The Maryland forms are not final until tomorrow 1/25/2019. TurboTax Online will update automatically and TurboTax desktop for Win/Mac will need a manual update in order for you to file.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having the same issue and wont let me efile

djsamy102

Same error any fix?

Also getting the same error... hoping to see a solution

Folakeh

I am also getting the same error, although I have already PAID for both my state and federal to e-file. The LEAST TurboTax can do is explain that it is NOT a user error and give estimation for resolution. Please document this in case it needs litigation.

TurboTax please address the state tax issue for Maryland residents that need to e-file. Maryland is going to start accepting e-file on January 28,2019, your company will be liable to all users that were ready to e file by that date that we’re not notified with a resolution, myself included.
CheriS
Intuit Alumni

The Maryland forms are not final until tomorrow 1/25/2019. TurboTax Online will update automatically and TurboTax desktop for Win/Mac will need a manual update in order for you to file.

My MD taxes were rejected... 2/17/2019  MD State Form#502 referenced. And I am unable to update for error fix info.

As of today, Jan 30, I am unable to download the Maryland State software into Turbo Tax Deluxe.  Spent 4 hours on phone yesterday with TT tech support and this issue is not resolved.  It just keeps going in a loop....download successful and as soon as you click on state icon to open to input your state taxes, it starts into the same update loop again.  It has not been resolved

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Below are some steps you can try if you are stuck in a loop when trying to download specific state software:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/start-windows-in-selective-startup-mode/00/26089

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aduff830
Returning Member

I am having the same issue - driving me crazy

aduff830
Returning Member

please let me know if you try this and if it works.  thanks

The solution did not work. However, I waited a week or so and opened Turbo Tax (the version the TT tech had me install, not the one I bought) and allowed it to go thru all federal and state updates, and it allowed my state software to then transfer into my TT.  I was able to then complete my taxes and submit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies