Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is this correct: "If you received payment from the State of Minnesota for the 2021 Tax Rebate Program..." But shouldn't that be 2023?

I'm working on my 2023 State taxes, and it keeps asking the above question about 2021's Tax Rebate and that if I received it and listed it as income on my federal form, to include the amount in the box. Why is it asking about 2021? I did receive a One-Time Tax Rebate Payment in 2023, is this what it's supposed to be asking about? Or does it really want info from 2021?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Is this correct: "If you received payment from the State of Minnesota for the 2021 Tax Rebate Program..." But shouldn't that be 2023?

No, 2021 is correct. The State of Minnesota 2021 Tax Rebate was a one-time payment authorized by the Minnesota State Legislature during 2023. Follow this link to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Oh, okay. Thanks!

It was confusing since the form doesn't say it was issued in 2023 and the 1099-MISC doesn't say anything about it having to do with 2021 taxes. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies