Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Illinois State return was rejected

I received an email that my Illinois state tax filing was rejected how do I correct that

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies

Need help on how to re-file my Illinois taxes since they were rejected

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Once rejected, the program will tell you why the state rejected the return. Please reply with why they were rejected for us to help you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pattyjv22

I need to enter an 8 digit pin for my ILLInois state return but can't find where to write the pin?

LakeshaLO
Intuit Alumni

If your tax return was rejected, please see this TurboTax FAQ, How do I fix a rejected return?

manik2901

My Illinois part year resident return rejected and received a email below. Please help.

What happened

IL1040-8000-2 - This return could not be processed for electronic filing by Illinois because of an issue with one or more of the pieces of information used to validate the signature: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number.
IL1040-8600-2 - Please review and correct the Primary taxpayer's signature requirements. All of the following Primary Taxpayer Drivers License signature fields must be exactly as shown on the Illinois Drivers License or State ID and must be valid on IDORs DLN production file, PrimarySignature, ILStateDLorID, DLOrStateIDNumber, DLOrStateIDFirstName, DLOrStateIDMiddleName, DLOrStateIDLastName, DLOrStateIDSuffix, and DLOrStateIDWeight.

Next step

We'll help you update this on your 2019 Illinois Personal return and e-file.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Is this your first year filing an Illinois state tax return?  This error means you entered the identification information incorrectly- either the driver's license, IL-PIN, or prior year IL AGI.  Try again and see if it transmits.

@manik2901

mst32
Returning Member

Thank you for your response. 

This is not my first year of filing. I filed in 2018 and 2019 but those are also rejected that time. 

Now in 2020, also the same thing was happen. I tried multiple times but it is keep rejecting. (DL number,SSN,Address etc. all are correct)

May be is there any way i can file these just IL taxes exept e-file? 

denoz90

didnt give reason why it was rejected

JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

Your tax return may contain an error that is preventing you from e-filing, or you may have a form that is not yet approved for e-file. 

This is how to change it in Turbo Tax Online:

1. Sign in to your Turbo Tax account.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents, click Show on the right.
  3. Select 2019 and then click Add a state.Select Review from the menu on the left side. If any errors are shown, you will need to correct them. 
  4. Continue into the File section. 
  5. Keep going until you get to, Let's get ready to file, select I want to e-file.
  6. Continue until your return is transmitted.

If you get an error message you don't understand, post your error message in Community and we will help you. If it is related to your state return, be sure to mention the name of your state. 

You can e-file your Illinois return directly through their website, or you can verify your IL PIN by clicking here.

mst32
Returning Member

Hi , I followed these steps . It gives me a below error.( Fyi, I am a part year resident in IL and i changed my Licence to different state after i moved from Illinois , At this moment i dont have any valid IL licence or State ID to get IL PIN)

What we can do to get this fixed) //// 

Illinois return rejectionReject Code IL1040-8000-2
Revisit

Illinois return rejectionPlease review and correct the Primary taxpayer's signature requirements. All of the following Primary Taxpayer Drivers License signature fields must be exactly as shown on the Illinois Drivers License or State ID and must be valid on IDORs DLN production file, PrimarySignature, ILStateDLorID, DLOrStateIDNumber, DLOrStateIDFirstName, DLOrStateIDMiddleName, DLOrStateIDLastName, DLOrStateIDSuffix, and DLOrStateIDWeight.Reject Code IL1040-8600-2

Let's take a look at your return
Description of error:
This return could not be processed for electronic filing by Illinois because of an issue with one or more of the pieces of information used to validate the signature: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number.
What needs to be done:
To fix this error, please follow these steps carefully. - Make sure you have entered the previous year's IL AGI correctly. - Verify that you have entered your nine digit zip code correctly. - Verify Your IL PIN at https://www.revenue.state.il.us/app/pini/servlet/PINInquiry . Make sure to enter all 8 digits (This is not your 5 digit federal PIN). - Verify your IL drivers license or state ID number is entered correctly. - If it is your first year filing with IL, you will have to enter your IL Drivers License or state ID information. Enter each field exactly as it is on your IL Drivers License or state ID (First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Suffix (leave blank if necessary), and weight. - You may not use an out-of-state or expired drivers license. - You may need to print and mail your return if the reject continues after re-transmitting.

How do I correct my return.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Marcellus1953

We in the Community cannot see your tax return nor the screen you are on. 

Please tell us what is wrong with your return. Are you getting some sort of error message?

clivek

I verified the drivers license information and the 2018 AGI, twice, but it was rejected both times.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

If you live in IL, you MUST get an IL PIN from the state department.

If you don’t know your Illinois PIN you can:

To get your PIN, you will need your Social Security Number and one of the following:

1.    2018 Adjusted Gross Income (IL-1040, line 1)

2.   Drivers’ license number

3.   Illinois state ID number

@clivek  @Marcellus1953

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies