Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have Virginia LLC and my LLC registered in Maryland as non-Maryland LLC. Do I need to pay state tax to the Maryland?

My Virginia LLC bought property  in 2020 and also sold it in 2020 in Maryland with 80K profit.  Does my LLC subject to state tax in Maryland? My LLC is S-corp

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
M-MTax
Level 10

I have Virginia LLC and my LLC registered in Maryland as non-Maryland LLC. Do I need to pay state tax to the Maryland?

OK, you're going to have to file a Maryland 510 because the LLC/S-corp has MD source income from the sale. The LLC won't pay any tax to MD but it will pass the income through to members who will have to file an MD return to report the income that had an MD source.

if I paid tax to Maryland, should I pay tax to the Virginia on same income which I made in Maryland? 

M-MTax
Level 10

Yeah you have to pay tax to VA but you should get a credit for what you paid to MD.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies