Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I don’t have solar energy installed and it’s asking for my adresss in Arizona form 310. I went to tax tools and delete forms and it’s not listed there.

Did you read above to my fix I posted a few days ago in this exact thread?  That didn't work? 

I don’t have solar energy installed and it’s asking for my adresss in Arizona form 310. I went to tax tools and delete forms and it’s not listed there.

Thank you for the solution to this!!! Three hours I spent trying to correct this then found your post! Thank you thank you thank you! 

Same here. Didn't check any boxes for it in state or federal, keeps telling me I need to enter my address for Form 310. Reviewed my entire return and tried the suggestion of filling it out and deleting it from earlier in this thread, still stuck in a "Check This Entry" loop. Waiting on a support chat, if they tell me anything different I'll update

When you fill out an address and go past the worksheet, does it end up in the list of forms for you to delete? 

I was having issues filing after I deleted Form 310. I ended up refreshing the page, logging out then back in & was able to e-file successfully. Took a few tries though. 

Just got through. Spoke to a support agent and they instructed me to fill it out a second time and try deleting it again. After that it let me go straight to the filing screen without anything to review. They also said this: 

"If it does (ask again), just enter the address and click continue. I helped someone a couple of days ago with this same problem and they still were being asked to enter the address. Once we put it in, it got them out of the loop, and didn't register because we already deleted the form. Or you can try to refresh the page. That will probably help it as well "

Seems like this is an issue with how TurboTax itself is handling the AZ forms

Thank you for that information. I was nervous about actually deleting the form, because I thought maybe I had accidentally clicked something on the Federal return that I shouldn't have. So, I literally cleared everything and started over from scratch. I checked tools periodically to see if the form had showed up in the list of forms to delete, and it never showed up -- until the very last page. Still, I didn't want to delete it if doing so would cause problems later. So, I'm glad to hear you actually talked to someone. I agree, it sounds like a TurboTax glitch, but is that going to cause me problems later? Now I'm worried about actually filing through TurboTax. 

@JotikaT2 I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I really didn't want to actually delete the form, because it makes me wonder if something else is going on. But, I don't know what else to try at this point. I literally cleared everything and started over entirely from scratch, but the form still showed up at the end. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

As this is now a known issue, please click on the link below for updates.  TurboTax will advise you when the issue has been rectified.

Arizona updates for Form 310

You can also try the following in the state section as it may rectify the issue as well.

Select State in the black panel on the left hand side of your screen when logged into TurboTax.

This will take you to a screen titled Let's get your state taxes done right.  Click continue on this screen.

You will see the following screen titled Status of your state returns.  Select Edit to the right of your state.

State return

Proceed through the screens until you see a screen titled Other Nonrefundable Credits. 

Make sure the box is not checked to the left of Solar and wind energy devices (Form 310).

AZ credit

If this doesn't remedy the message, I recommend registering using the link above for updates. Once the issue is rectified, you will be notified.

@hastingskids

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mabuhayaz

Thanks for your answer. TT shouldn't be charing so much for filing state when it is giving us such a hassle!

weberzd

@BillM223 

This might help.  I followed the advice of the other tax expert in this forum that suggested going to the Home Energy Credits > clicking revisit and selecting 'No'.  Navigating to Federal > Deductions & Credits > then under Your Home, I noticed that there wasn't a 'revisit' button but a 'start' button as if I didn't go through that section.   I don't believe I went through all of the itemized items since I knew I was just going to take the standard deduction; however, I did not intentionally skip any of these either.  I just filled things in as I was prompted and clicked 'next' or 'continue'.  Anyways, here's the screen shot of what I'm referring to (it says revisit by the home credits because I completed it before I took the screenshot):

weberzd

It doesn't look like the screen shot was applied. It was just a screen shot showing that all the items under 'Your Home' said 'Start' instead of 'Revisit' which indicates it wasn't even started yet.  Hope this helps. 

They made me fill out a form its an error in AZ and they don't have a date on when it will be fixed. I attached the link they sent me they are supposed to email or call when the error is fixed and you cant file until then. 

turbo is honestly messing up a lot lately =/  

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/containment.jsp?fid=Melanie|18202|

mabuhayaz

I followed the instructions to fill in the form with any address, select done, then delete form 310 by using the tools menu at the far right corner. It works. Thanks to person who posted at bottom of page on how to do this.

Also had this issue. Went back to the federal, double-checked the recommended section but that didn't help. Added the address than deleted form 310 and that seems to have worked. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies