turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to skip state review but it keeps looping back to state taxes and when push skip state it loops back in... please assist.

You Probably Don't Need to File a Florida Return but it keeps looping me back to this page when i push skip state...
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to skip state review but it keeps looping back to state taxes and when push skip state it loops back in... please assist.

Florida does not collect state income tax.  You can delete the State return & then just file your Federal return.

How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

You can delete your state return in TurboTax Online as long as you haven't paid or registered yet.

1. Sign in and open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the left menu, select State (if you don't see this menu, select the menu icon in the upper-left) and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the Status of your state returns screen select Delete to the right of your state, then answer Yes.

If you don't see the option to delete your state (you'll probably see Edit instead), you've already paid your TurboTax fees (including the state fee) or registered your free version while the state was on your return. If you've done either of these things, you can't delete your state return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Florida does not collect state income tax.  You can delete the State return & then just file your Federal return.

How do I delete my state return in TurboTax Online?

You can delete your state return in TurboTax Online as long as you haven't paid or registered yet.

1. Sign in and open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the left menu, select State (if you don't see this menu, select the menu icon in the upper-left) and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the Status of your state returns screen select Delete to the right of your state, then answer Yes.

If you don't see the option to delete your state (you'll probably see Edit instead), you've already paid your TurboTax fees (including the state fee) or registered your free version while the state was on your return. If you've done either of these things, you can't delete your state return.

einalem4321
Returning Member

I had the same thing happened to me today. I started doing my taxes this morning and got frustrated to my wits-end why does it keeps looping back to review 10 stuff after I got done with Federal and State.  It was so frustrating that I cried just by doing a tax return! Ridiculous!

I have a feeling that Turbotax have not updated much of their system. I am not sure if it was intentional to make the system dysfunctional as the price for Deluxe seems lower than of the past years?

I found out the solution:

after trying to file my return the second time this afternoon. I had the same issues. What I notice was It keeps adding blank W2s to our Federal. (Locate where you have entered your W2 info - Edit/Delete - hit Edit) Delete the blank ones (make sure you dont delete the "real" w2s". 

Then proceed/continue to work on State (again) and if looping occurs at the "review" part. Go to the Federal - (where w2 section is at) click Edit and delete the blank ones again. 

Then on the left part of the screen - Select State - Go to State Review - Run Smart Check. 

Everything will be smooth from then on.  I finally was able to submit our taxes today just by doing these steps. 

Not to mention, I paid $40 twice.  once, when I filed our return this morning that didn't go through/rejected. second, when I was trying to submit the tax return again this afternoon.  I had to pay $40 again! - This is another thing to tackle - I will try to request for a refund for the first charge.

Good luck and hopefully this resolves/help the people with the same issue from TurboTax. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You can fill this form out for someone to call you. They can verity that you paid twice for the same service and get you a refund.

@einalem4321

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
einalem4321
Returning Member

Great!  thanks for the info! 😊

Jenx28
Returning Member

Try using Chrome for your browser.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies