Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to upgrade online software New York State 1t 196

Hmmmm Wonder if I should delete one of the two 1098 forms and just combine the amounts? Worst case I get audited and explain the issue? Wouldn’t be like I was hiding something or over-claiming… 

Same here. Need this fixed to file NYS.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

We are currently looking into this issue. Please check back in a few days for an update.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
suzysgold

I just wasted 3 hours trying to figure this mess out, including 1 hour on the phone with a Turbotax expert.  She finally figured out that the form may not be available yet. This could have easily been avoided if Turbotax added a simple explanation to their error message AND let your tax experts know!!!   Ironically, the form IS already updated, so why the delay?!!  Unbelievably frustrating.  Thanks for wasting my entire night.

The TT page says the form is ready:

Resident, Nonresident, Part-year Resident Itemized Deductions     available         available

Why is the software still not functioning?

Its time to go to the other company. this error has been going on for over a week with no improvement. the message is still misleading and no "live Help" folks have any idea what is going on either. 

I wish I could do more than give a thumbs up to those facing this issue with me.  Having to e-file fed and state is ridiculous!  If I was using a free version of your software I could understand.  This may be the last year I use TT.  Other companies, whom I have read have found bigger returns for users, already have this fixed yet one of the biggest companies I know and have used since they started doesn't 

I have been a loyal customer but I feel TT is beginning to lose its luster! 

I would think if you filed your federal and recieved a notification that it was accepted you're all good.

Does anyone have a creditable News and Media outlet that we can report this to?  Normally these things are fixed quickly - but I think  this should be shared with the NEWS as a glitch in the system is causing delayed filings for customers.  It's been a week and nothing has changed.  I mean TT is better than this .... this is a simple patch to update software and forms.  Either they don't want to do it, they lack resources to do this either way - not good business.  

Agree. I'm giving them till the end of the week. If nothing, I'm submitting elsewhere and demanding a refund.
msluv71

I'm getting same error message in California and i already paid for my taxes. :(

Why can't TT say exactly this?  Tell us that the form update isn't available.  I just spent nearly an hour trying to figure out what I did wrong and it's not even something I can fix on my own.

ekbl
Level 2

If Turbotax does not fix this issue specifically related to NYS returns, there is an interesting on-line advise from Turbotax dealing with refinanced home loans with multiple 1098s.  This guide will result a single 1098, which may eliminate the current glitch on NYS return.  Read this as REFERECNE only as it just came up in my search.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/loans/help/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-multiple-1098s-from-refinancing-...

Seems like no harm done just adding the numbers together and reporting 1 1098 / maybe in the name field list both lenders just incase your audited (which l win the lotto before that happens). 

Seems like no harm done just adding the numbers together and reporting 1 1098 / maybe in the name field list both lenders just incase your audited (which l win the lotto before that happens). 

ezoubra

I only have one 1098 and I'm getting the same error message which won't allow me to e-file my NY state taxes. Are other people finding that  only having one 1098 is working OK or them?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies