turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to get my effect tax rate?

I remember there is a summary of tax return when you print your tax files, including your effective tax rate. But from the downloading tax file link, this summary is not included. How can I get this page?

From my last year tax return, the summary page is started with:
Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal Tax Return
Important: Your taxes are not finished until all required steps are completed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Are you talking about wanting the number for 2019 or 2018?

If for 2019, then reopen your return. It may want you to amend the return, if so, just tell it that you want to add a state (you won't, but that little fib will let you in).

If you are using the CD/download software, look for Print Center in the fine print on the upper right. Click on that, and follow the screens. You will be eventually able to create a PDF with ALL pages. Do so AND SAVE IT.

If you are using the Online product, then got to Tax Tools on the left, click on it, then click on Printer Center underneath. Then do the same thing as above.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

If you printed out ALL FORMS, then the first page should be "File by Mail Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return" (this is true even if you e-filed).

The effective tax rate is in the 2019 Tax Return Summary section on this page. It may also be elsewhere on the return, like on the "Two Year Comparison" sheet.

But I did not print at that time. After completion of tax filing, there are only historical tax documents by years. This page is not included. How can I get it back?

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Are you talking about wanting the number for 2019 or 2018?

If for 2019, then reopen your return. It may want you to amend the return, if so, just tell it that you want to add a state (you won't, but that little fib will let you in).

If you are using the CD/download software, look for Print Center in the fine print on the upper right. Click on that, and follow the screens. You will be eventually able to create a PDF with ALL pages. Do so AND SAVE IT.

If you are using the Online product, then got to Tax Tools on the left, click on it, then click on Printer Center underneath. Then do the same thing as above.

I did that, but the web page crash. After that, I was redirected to login page. And when I login, it shows "oops" and then exit and return to login page again.

I got it and it works!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies