Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone run into issues with the TP Qualified Loan amount for state of MN returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
gmartinetti01
Returning Member

Has anyone run into issues with the TP Qualified Loan amount for state of MN returns?

YES. It won't let me e-file before I fix it, but I don't know what's wrong with it. Far as I can tell it's filled out fine. Following, if you want to follow my question as well at top.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

For stuck data relating to your state student loan amount, try these steps:

1.  Delete Form M1SLC, following the steps in the TurboTax Help article How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? 

2.  Log out of your return

3.  Try one or more of the following:

• Use a browser other than Internet Explorer
  • Clear your cache and cookies
  • Sign in using a different browser
  • Sign in using a different device

4.  Log back into your return

5.  Re-enter your information

@gmartinetti01

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon at the lower left

**Mark the post that best answers your question by clicking on “Mark as Best Answer”

Me! Trying to fix it now... I'll update if I figure it out. 

Yes, the issue for me was that my wife's total student loan payment amount for 2021 wasn't enough for there to be credit for, but it was still requiring a TP qualified loan amount on the form. It didn't accept any number I entered. I, on the other hand, had a high enough amount paid to get a $500 credit for my studen loans. The weird thing is the form was showing a $500 credit in the column for my wife, but the end total was correct and stated a $500 credit (for what I paid). 

I had to delete the form and add it again with only the amount I paid and selected "No" for the question referring to whether or not any qualified loan payments were made for my wife's student loans. This definitely appears to be a bug in the software as you should still be able to say "Yes" for this question and enter the total amount paid, even though it ends up not qualifying for the credit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies