turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Georgia Partnership is adding form IT-FC but shouldn't be

In trying file Georgia Partnership, TT is requesting information for form IT-FC (File Tax Credit) but this is irrelevant to me, and I have stated no credits apply. I can't file without answering unanswerable questions, given it has no relevance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
txba497

I just spoke to TurboTax support and she had me manually delete the IT-FC form from the forms view. I then went back and stepped through the GA return and verified everything was correct and did the review and it worked correctly.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
txba497

I am having the same issue. Replying so that I see the answer

txba497

I just spoke to TurboTax support and she had me manually delete the IT-FC form from the forms view. I then went back and stepped through the GA return and verified everything was correct and did the review and it worked correctly.

Thank you very much! That worked for me with no issues

Hi,

Could you please show me how to remove that form,Thanks

I’m not looking at the screen right now, but one of the options in the top ribbon is forms. Hit that and it should give you a listing of all the forms included in your tax submission. I just clicked on the form and deleted it. Going back to working on the return, it did a new check and everything was good and it was submitted.

I had the same problem.  When you click on the form, in the right pane, at the bottom is the button to delete the form.  It may sound silly, but it took me a few to figure out where the button was.  Hope this helps someone. 

sbrath

Click "Forms" link at the right hand corner. On the left hand side, you can see a list of forms including IT-FC one.  You can also click "Errors" at top left and select the form IT-FC. There are options at the bottom to delete the form.

THAT SOLVED THE PROBLEM..THANKS!  WAS ON HOLD FOR AN HOUR AND THEY HUNG UP ON ME.  GLAD YOU POSTED!

gcp721
Returning Member

This just happened to me with my 2021 return today (Feb 4, 2022).  I was able to delete the form as suggested in this message thread.  Thanks for posting.

I had this issue with the GA 2021 State tax return. Manually deleting the form allowed me to efile.

I am filing my 2022 Georgia 600-S corporate return and it looks like Turbo Tax still has not fixed this error for the 2022 software.  I am not a film production company, nor did I select that I selected "no" to all other tax credits, and it is still making it required for me to complete the irrelevant questions and provide a Film Tax certificate number in order to e-file.  I paid TurboTax $55 for the Georgia state return software, and I cannot believe they have not fixed this error.  Today is 10 days prior to the filing deadline!  Thank you TT Community, I will try to delete form IT-FC, as some have posted in this thread from last year.

Yep, they haven't fixed it yet.  There should be a question like: "Are you a film company?"  Sadly it doesn't exist.  After three years of deleting this form, I feel completely comfortable doing so again this year.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies