Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 8582 for Virginia filing

Thanks! This is an interesting finding. It’s possible then that TT will likely address this issue as a global change. I was somewhat confused based on the anecdotal information that the MD 8582 form issue has been fixed by TT. My understanding is the form is pretty much the same as the federal form.  I wondered about how TT can possibly tailor the solution for this issue by taking a state by state approach. Thanks for enlightening us. Appreciate it!

Thanks....

I will try again on March 4th as you suggest.

However .... this is the 3rd time it indicated the from was ready ... starting with Feb 17th.

tax4ns
Returning Member

I am too waiting for this form. Intuit send me that form is ready but it is not.

They now say to check on March 5th!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

TT has bent upon losing me as a customer. Their inability to fix a minor issue reveals how incompetent this outfit is. 

DrBrownFinger
Returning Member

For SC, it's showing Form 8582 available to file by mail 03/03/2022, but for e-file it says Cannot e-file. 

I looked at the state availability page for forms and it shows that the first page of the form is unsupported for e-file, but pages 2 and 3 are supported.  This makes zero sense!

Can someone clarify please???

Form 8582, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
Print: 03/03/2022
E-file: unsupported

Form S8582, Pg 2, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
E-file: 03/03/2022

Form 8582 p3: Wks 6 - 7
E-file: 03/03/2022

Same issue being reported for VA Form 8582. The system ask for your email so that TurboTax will notify you on when corrected. I submitted my and received notification that is has been correct, but so. System showing a fix date of 3/3/22

Just to close the loop.  Today 3/5/2022, I downloaded the latest update, which was released 3/2/2022 including VA update.  I was able to e-file both Federal and State.  I no longer get the 8582 form not ready issue!

The latest update worked for me as well -I was able to file both Va and Md returns.  Glad TT was able to correct the problem.

Thanks….

This now is no longer an issue for me and I completed my Virginia Tax Return.

FYI - mailed my state return and did not use e-file.

odran
Returning Member

It says available for mail in Massachusetts but when I try to print my return it says forms not ready yet DO NOT FILE.   I got an email saying they were ready but I guess they are not.  I have been on the phone with multiple people and they say they dont understand it because all the forms are available.   I hope they fix this soon for Massachusetts.

I am not sure what the issue was for Va but it took 2 times after they said it was available.  I think updates only refreshed weekly….and it seems like mine was on Thursday.  Hope it is actually there soon for you!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies