Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JAhlberg
Returning Member

Filing State return

I use Turbo Tax Premier.  I have already electronically filed my Federal Return.  Now when I go back to file my Iowa return I cannot get advanced.  It says "you must go back and select Federal Return to efile.  But that has already been done.  I seem to be caught in a Catch-22 loop?

Also I have tried to pay fees to sign in to Intuit to pay for State Filing fee.  But when I get to that screen I cannot "click" on the button to sign in.  Nothing happens. 

Your help is appreciated!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Filing State return

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ: How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SRPV
Level 1

Filing State return

That link isn't helpful; there is a problem with the desktop version of TurboTax when you have filed your federal return first, and it's been accepted, and then you go to file state return.  TurboTax has a programming issue that needs to be fixed!!!!

bvc1
Returning Member

Filing State return

A lot of people are having the same problem? What is Turbotax doing to fix it?

Filing State return

I'm having the same problem regarding the inability to e-file my state return after E-filing the Federal about a week earlier. How can we get the state forms to e-file.

Jack

Filing State return

@JAhlberg   @jjbank46   @bvc1   @SRPV 

.............that's a known recent  "issue" in the desktop software 

Check for a software update once every day....or hit the "go here" in the following FAQ to get notified when it's fixed:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies