Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fed rejected because TurboTax itself had an error. State rejected because Fed rejected. Resubmitted later and Fed accepted. Now no way to EFile state because it insists on Fed at the same time, but Fed was already submitted, so no option to file it now

What are  you doing?

You fixed TurboTax regarding some issue on your side with employee stock options (I had no such options so this error in TurboTax did not effect me except that both EFiles got rejected because the Fed wanted everyone to start over with repaired TurboTax) but you did not change the way it deals with EFiling to allow people to EFile state when Fed is already EFiled.

TurboTax insists that I check the box to EFile the Fed at the same time, but because I already EFiled the Fed forms some time ago, there is no box.

Further, you had not better charge me a second time for EFiling State.  This was your error not mine.  This all have been fixed by now.  How the heck am I supposed to EFile State when TurboTax will not let me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Fed rejected because TurboTax itself had an error. State rejected because Fed rejected. Resubmitted later and Fed accepted. Now no way to EFile state because it insists on Fed at the same time, but Fed was already submitted, so no option to file it now

TurboTax is aware of and  investigating the issue with not being able to e-file the state after e-filing the federal.  You will not be charged to e-file again.  Here is an updated article:

Unable to e-file state after e-filing federal 

TOCONNO6
Returning Member

I am having the identical issues. Please advise how to fix asap. Turbo Tax has already  screwed me up with my State Taxes and now for the pas three years I have been told by the State of New York that I could not use a deduction that Turbo Tax said to use.  NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

I need answers NOW!!!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

This would be best resolved by clicking here to contact customer support by phone. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

March 23, 2022 - Just know that if you are a first time e-filer for 2021 return the Feds and some states won't allow you to e-file due to the fact that they have not opened your 2020 tax return and recorded the AGI.  You will be rejected, they note, because your AGI cannot be confirmed, and that is due to the fact that they have not loaded your 2020 AGI ... yet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies