turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Even after Federal efile accepted, michigan state efile not allowed stating "you must also select the federal return".

@Questh 

@ cromtoss 

@ Bull71 

@ robbyja 

and others

TurboTax has a new FAQ started for this "state efile issue even though Federal is accepted," but there is little info in it since it's still being investigated.  There IS a link there, however, to sign up for notifications.

FAQ: Why am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

Even after Federal efile accepted, michigan state efile not allowed stating "you must also select the federal return".

Very helpful link.  Thank you.

Dalton42

Same here for Virginia...

trhalbert

Same problem with Louisiana and Oklahoma efile attempts.  The FAQ referenced below says the issue has been "Resolved" but it does not appear to be true.

@ trhalbert wrote:

Same problem with Louisiana and Oklahoma efile attempts.  The FAQ referenced below says the issue has been "Resolved" but it does not appear to be true.

There are a couple of different issues involving efiling a state return.

I'm not sure what FAQ you are referring to.  You would need to provide a link for me to see.

The FAQ that I recently posted in this thread is for a new and different issue that began about 48 hours ago--i.e, inability for some users to efile the state return by itself even though the Federal return had already been accepted.   So a new FAQ was published yesterday for that issue (see link below).   I don't see any wording there to suggest that it has been resolved.  Where were you seeing that?

FAQ: Why am I not able to e-file my state return after filing my Federal return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

Same with VT

Petou Family
Returning Member

I have  the same problem with e-filing my CA return. 

same problem, still waiting

Same problem here and I already paid to E-file. I keep following the discussions until there’s a solution. 

lvmkyx3

Same issue for ID and OR

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

There is an issue when filing the state, which can be seen here

If the above does not apply, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was just on the phone with TT support.

This issue (see subject line) has not yet been resolved.  

They are aware that there a lot of us out there who can't e-file their state return due to this problem. 

I'm in NY but there are other users from other states who have all said the same.

Someone else mentioned this above but to reiterate, they are offering a sign up to be notified when the patch/update is made available.   

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/containment.jsp?fid=Melanie|18257|

swoodjr
Returning Member

Same with NC

bmspizzi

Same for IL

Same for AL and CA here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies