Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bstolte59

Error Message on Oklahoma Form 561. don't understand how to complete it

The Fed ID set up does not accept the std. social security number because it is a two digit then dash followed by a much longer number...putting in your social security number doesn't seem like a viable way to go..

Curt10

Is there a way to automatically or default indicate that all capital gain trades are not excluded (not an Oklahoma based company) for the Oklahoma return.  Selecting that each trade is not excluded or is excluded is extremely burdensome if a return has more than a small few trades.  Since very few companies that are publicly traded are Oklahoma based, there should be a way to avoid manual entries for each trade.  Can anyone help with this issue?

Does any one have a solution for this issue?

TT asks Type of Property and EIN number for all my stock purchases in form 561 NR. It is annoying and not possible to resolve.

I took live support, but still, they were not able to solve the issue.

smabrey

In the Oklahoma section of the return there is a page after Adjustments to Federal Income to list "how much of the gain (or loss) was from the sale of qualifying Oklahoma property?" Then you list Oklahoma Income as 0, and I used Type of Property Sold 99 - More than one type of property. When you switch to the form display, there is zero deduction under the Oklahoma column on Form 561. Hope this helps.

JYA
Level 2

I didn't either, but back in 2019 I sold a rental property I had in Oklahoma. All this pass thru stuff didn't make any sense so I simply put my social security number in the field, although it wasn't the same format.  When I printed out the OK forms, it printed as 99-9999999.  That was 4 tax years ago and Oklahoma has not reached out...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies