turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

efiling PA State tax

I tried to efile my federal return three times but three times were rejected for the same reason (there is a potential issue with the calculation of your taxable inherited IRA). Turbotax said that it was IRS issue. I followed Turbotax recommendation to mail in my federal return. Now I wanted to efile my PA state return but I cannot because I did not efile my federal. I spoke to my PA state return folks. They said I can efile my PA return after I mailed in my federal return. It is not PA that does not allow efiling. Is there a bug in the turbotax program? What can I do beside mail in my state return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

efiling PA State tax

Since you have you mailed in your federal return, you will need to wait until it is accepted before you're able to e-file your state return. Please see the following help article for more assistance: How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

efiling PA State tax

Since you have you mailed in your federal return, you will need to wait until it is accepted before you're able to e-file your state return. Please see the following help article for more assistance: How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

efiling PA State tax

Hi AshleyLO,

How do I notified Turbotax that my mailed in federal return is accepted so that I can efile my state tax return? Thanks. Appreciate your help.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

efiling PA State tax

Please be aware if you mailed your federal return then you will not be able to e-file your state return. You will have to print and mail your state return as well.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies