Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

I submitted my NY taxes, but I did not see the IT-204-LL nor notification of the fee to pay.   The form is available according to Intuit, and I have updated the software.   On the Print and Save return, I only see the worksheet.   

How do I get the IT-204-LL efiled (it's required to be filed electronically in NY or I will incur heavy undisclosed penalties/fines).   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

So it appears Turbotax Business is not approved software  for filing NY state partnership taxes:

E-file Approved Software Developers for Partnership (ny.gov)

Which apparently means I can file the form manually.   I don't know what that means for my electronic filing...

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

I clicked around long enough that it suddenly appeared in Turbo Tax (I had done multiple update checks just before submitting so I know it wasn't that it "updated" this time.)   So I'm not sure if it's filed, but it did give me an option to pay....

JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

NY State IT-204-LL  is available for efile.  Please see TurboTax Business Forms Availability

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

That's true, but TurboTax Business did not file it, nor mention it on first few passes through (even though update checks indicated there were no updates.)   When you looked at available forms, it had an IT-204-LL worksheet Gross income, but that did not file the corresponding form nor allow payment.

Today, I went back and forth between checking the other forms and not, and finally, it informed that I had to file the  IT-204-LL, which took me to a separate web site which filed it and allowed payment.  

Basically, it's buggy...but it's done and I don't have to use it again until next year...although since it doesn't work with my version of quickbooks anymore, I may try something else.

oj2
Level 2

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

Do you recall exactly how you found IT-204-LL? I'm clicking and clicking...

<EDIT>

I just found it! For anyone who needs this info, click on "Show Topic List" in upper right corner, then expand State Taxes. "Partnership Filing Fee" is near the bottom of the State Interview section. When you get to the Form IT-204-LL Fee Payment page in TT, be sure to click on "the state of New York" to be taken to a separate site. If you click on "Continue", you can't get where you need to go.

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

Which version of TT are you using? Thanks!

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

Helped someone with this and it seemed to work.  They were using desktop business.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Efile NY State IT-204-LL

It's possible the form is not available. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on State forms availability for personal use.
State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

State forms availability table for TurboTax Business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies