Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

E-Filed FED and did state later, now TT won't let me e-file my state without the FED, why?

The fix is in for the March 19 update.

E-Filed FED and did state later, now TT won't let me e-file my state without the FED, why?

Did you get that from a CSR?

Thanks

It's scheduled to be fixed on March 19.  Please sign up on this Desktop state efile error FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

I just installed an update and was able to file my state taxes!

@bigmaky @unmesh59 @jeralbin They just updated the software today. It appears the issue is now resolved as I was able to file my NYS return!

Yes! Success. The update worked!

I was able to efile too.

np6319
Returning Member

Same here can't e-file state, fed done already and received return already.  So Frustrating!!

np6319
Returning Member

It's MARCH 13th 2022,  still have same issue

Do you have any state tax-exempt income from a retirement account or pension? That was the source of my problem for the 2020 tax year. For the 2021 tax year I had a related problem, but I figured out how to solve it and successfully e-filed my state return. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax article for assistance.

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-e-file-my-state-after-i-already-filed-my-fede...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies