turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does the latest available Turboxtax update (Win 7) include a valid CA tax form update?

At the "Review" tab in turbotax i get the error "Schedule CA: _ This form has not been approved for release at this time..." which continues "You must obtain an update..." I have done this, still get the error. Does the latest available Turboxtax update (Win 7) include a valid CA tax form update? If so, it seems not to be taking when i "update". Perhaps I should remove/reinstall TurboTax?

More detail: In a prior "Review" tab screen it lists as "Ready Soon" for File by Mail. California Form 540, California Adjustments, Sch C.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Does the latest available Turboxtax update (Win 7) include a valid CA tax form update?

It should.

The form is showing as being available in the desktop version per the following link.

CA forms released

You can see if you can update your software by doing the following: 

1. Select the Online menu at the top
  2. Then select Check for Updates.

If this still does not update the program, click the Help button on the top menu bar.

1. Then select TurboTax Help Center.
  2. A popup window will pop up and allow you to type in a search or ask for help.
  3. Once you type in your information here, you will also be prompted to have someone call you if needed on the next screen.  You will need to enter your information in this section.

This will allow you to get product support to ensure your software has been updated to the latest version.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you Jotika. I rec'd this after trying the following. Remove & re-install TurboTax. Did not resolve. Tried printing a form to manually review but it had a watermark on it that made it not suitable for submission. PC died. Bought a new PC with Win 10. Installed TurboTax. This eliminated 2 of the 3 errors I was encountering.  The 3rd error was  fixed per thread "Ln 5-Fed SS benefits amt". Electronically filed.  I did not realize that I could have phone support, I could not find any indication of phone support in anything i found at the intuit site.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies