Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

California Schedule CA (540NR) - unable to fill out Part II section B 8z!!!

I have a problem with California Schedule CA (540NR) - "California Adjustments" Part II, Section B, 8z, I cannot allocate income to CA/other-state sources for other income (both other income WITH 1099-MISC and misc income WITHOUT 1099-MISC).

In other words, TurboTax does not provide a way to fill out CA 540NR, Part II, Section B, 8z, column D and E, causing the CA AGI and taxable income to be incorrect!

Column A figure is incorrect as well, it's counting only the other income without 1099-MISC and missing my 1099-MISC income. The number does not match 1040 Schedule I 8z.

I am using the online self-employed edition. This needs to be fixed ASAP! Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the desktop version. Although the desktop version allowed me to go into the forms mode so that I can fill out column E for 8z on Schedule CA (540NR), unfortunately the calculation is still incorrect because it does not let me fill out column D, which is needed to calculate deduction percentage in Part IV.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

You are mistaking what the purpose of column B is.  

• Column B (Part II, Section A, Line 1 through Line 7, and Section B, Line 1 through Line 7 and Line 9a) – Subtract income that is not taxable to a California resident such as California lottery winnings and social security benefits. Do not use column B to deduct income that was earned while a nonresident of California or from sources outside of California. There must be a difference in state and federal tax law. Generally, if a full-year California resident cannot subtract income in column B, a nonresident or part-year resident may not subtract income in column B.

Here is the California laws dealing with non-residents.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not talking about column B here, I am talking about column D and E, so I don't know what you are on about

I am also having the same problem.  Column D for line 8z should automatically be updated to include additional income not on my W2 that I need to reflect to ensure that the denominator for calculating the percentage of deductions applied to my CA AGI is correct (dividing line 27 column E by line 27 column D -- but column D is not reflecting the additional income not on my W2)

I think there must be a bug because I'm having the same issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies