Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

California Refund Still Pending - Received Status = Unknown

02/13/2021 - Filed

Still "Pending"

What is going on?  

same thing happened to me, asked for my county, filled it in...and still pending.

It’s ridiculous!  

Me:  explained situation to live agent on phone

agent:  nothing I can do as we submitted it, call the state or check their website.

Me:  done that already, they have nothing to say at the state or the their website as it hasn’t been sent/received yet.  When it lights up green and says accepted on my Turbo tax you won’t hear from me again, as I can then track it on the state page.

I finally asked the agent if I’m supposed to close my eyes, pray, and have faith the issue with fix it self like TurboTax is doing?

they literally have nothing to say or do that can help, as their hands are tied.  The powers that be within Turbo tax will be losing many customers next tax season over this!  I for one, will never submit my taxes through them again, solely based on their poor customer service, and canned BS statements just to get you off the phone after waiting 30+ minutes to speak to an agent.

My next phase, is to load up social media, Twitter and such with the worst possible reviews I can give a company!  

Just got an email from Turbotax telling me return was rejected but not to worry with instructions on how to fix it. Went into the program, followed instructions and it got submitted again.  So now I will wait to see if the State accepts it.  Wish me luck!!!!  I had updated the program earlier this morning.

I just got a text telling me that too, but I haven't opened up the program yet.  I'll give it a try and report back.  Pray that this is fixed once and for all !!!

I may hold off until tomorrow to let any bugs work out overnight.  I don't want to have it rejected AGAIN.  The email from Turbotax says that if they can't efile it, then they'll walk me through submitting a paper hardcopy, and really, I'd rather not submit a paper copy.  So, anyone who just fixed their return and efiled it, PLEASE BE SURE TO COME BACK HERE AND POST WHETHER IT WAS ACCEPTED !!!  Thanks !

• Same here I received an email saying my CA return was rejected and followed the steps to resubmit.  After resubmission I received an email confirming the transmission.  Hopefully  CA will accept the return.  

I got the same email that my state return was rejected due to TurboTax's error in their software.  I went through the instructions, but didn't need to make any changes as those deductions did not apply to me.  It does not allow me to e-file.  I get a new message stating form 568 will not be available till 2/25.  For those that don't know Form 568 is needed for Single Member LLC filing.   I would like to point out, I never got this message when I initially e-filed.  When I did my initial submission, TurboTax showed that it submitted my Federal, California personal and California LLC filing.  I also received a message from TurboTax a couple hours later that my California LLC filing was accepted.  Since the California LLC filing is separate from California Personal, I do not understand why TurboTax will not allow me to resubmit my CA Personal taxes.  

Bring your issue to the attention of the Office of the President.  Here's the email address: officeofthepresident @ intuit . com .  And here's their executive's webpage:

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

Tell them exactly what happened.  They need to fix that too!  Blessings.

Message for HB88 -- What are you thoughts on the fix?  Have you read the posts of some who have re-submitted? 

Re-submitted. Waiting. Code they gave was itemized but we did not itemize so didn’t have to make any changes at all hoping it goes through. If not I’ll have to bear through customer service. Which I hate. 

I think waiting a couple more days before trying to re-submit is wise given that we're not sure if those who have resubmitted today will actually go through or not.  I can't deal with another issue surfacing, I just can't handle it!!  ANYONE WHO IS RE-SUBMITTING TODAY PLEASE POST HERE IF CALIFORNIA "ACCEPTED" IT !!  Thanks and bless us all !

Also, if you read closely the email we all got.  It says the following;   But if you click on "Check your e-file status" by using your social security number and ZIP code, it is a totally different type of tracking number !!  That's messed up too !  I think waiting a couple of days is wise...

To track the status of your return

Check your e-file status using your Social Security number and ZIP code.

Note: If you e-filed a federal return, be on the lookout for status updates to arrive in a separate email. And remember, keeping a copy of all status update emails like this one is always a good idea.
fcomiran
Returning Member

I received the email as well. 

I have followed the steps and e-filed again. This was a 3 pm today. So far still pending. 

If it gets accepted I will let you all know. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies