turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

California Refund Still Pending - Received Status = Unknown

LatinLady, you're the best! So, in my prior post I wrote about having similar issues with H&R Block the last 2 years. I just talked with 2 friends who have filed this year, one with HRB and one with TaxAct. Guess what? BOTH of their state returns have delayed CA statuses as well. I think we're being impatient and should give it a week or two to see if our lovely state does the same thing this year.

Angelo1000
Returning Member

to GabiU - can you please pro-actively find out (and this is not just for CA returns filed prior to 2/12, but also for some filed 2/12 and thereafter), which are in PENDING state for much longer than in previous years  (whereas IRS accepted the corresponding return quickly)? Is it a CA state/tax board expected delay, an error by TurboTax or an error between IRS and CA taxboard?

To GabiU -- You're the ONLY person so far that has expressed any willingness to help us Californians !  PLEASE see what you can do to ensure our "Pending" returns are sent to California Franchise Board asap !  Our Federal was already Accepted and we are so upset that our California remains in Pending status for days and days !  Please !  Thank you and God bless you !!!

HB88
Level 5

@mslatinlady 

I got off the phone a few mins ago, nicest guy on the phone. No i didn't give him my social, i gave my phone number so not sure if they were able to pull up the return based on the number, but it was not him saying it was filed it was the support rep he was contacting that said that. When i told him I checked the FTB site again while on the phone and it still shows has not been received he figured the same thing I did, the support team he was contacting was clueless. He said he was going to elevate this to to his manager.

In the meantime I sent an email to Execs and urge you and everyone to do the same so they get their act in order.

Clearly many filing after the 12th are getting emails immediately but most of us who filed early are pending in this state likely due to errors on the turbotax forms.

Here is the link, just click on the Exec name and send them an email, it has worked for some

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

HB88
Level 5

@GabiU 

I'm not sure your level of purview into this issue. But as you can see it is not isolated. It would be good to have some candor rather than deflection to the State or just outright lies about the status of our returns.

In the meantime people should contact the CEO and see if that gets their attention

Thanks HB88.  Let's ALL send emails to the CEO of Turbotax !

Here is the link, just click on the Exec name and send them an email, it has worked for some

GabiU
Level 15

We're aware of this. I understand it is stressful times. We will let you know if you need to take action. Please hang tight and I'll update this thread as I learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
HB88
Level 5

Why isn't Turbotax proactive about doing research into this problem?

It takes hundreds of posts across the forum for one member to say they will look into it.

Phone support is dismal, they have no clue and to top it off they are contacting support and being given bad information.

Accountability and honesty goes a long way.

I'm in the same situation. Short form accepted, my itemized one has not been. 

HB88
Level 5

Not sure who marked this as Solved, but this is clearly not Solved

What ??   Who marked it as "Solved" ????? 

I have sent an email out to the office of the CEO.

I think it's because whoever started the thread was adding to an older post of last year, but then we all jumped on board because it was related to Pending status for California.  But clearly this IS STILL AN ISSUE.  I'm logging off now, too much for me in one day.  Have a blessed evening.

HB88
Level 5

The title shows up as solved, right after the Moderator chimed in. If you look at the first page her post is shown as the solution. Not sure why anyone would mark this post as solved but it happened.

I sent an email out to several executives as well.  Pray that they respond....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies