Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Paid Family Leave (PFL) Income in California

There was no federal withholding on the W2 from the insurance company. Just social security and medicare tax was withheld. The W2's Box 13 is checked as "Third-party sick pay"

The 1099G and the W2 have drastically different amounts that impact the amount of refund I were to receive.

@MaryK4 

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Can you clarify if you received California Unemployment (in addition to the PFL) and/or the Middle Class Tax Rebate?  @Mark1987

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I received just the 1099G for PFL as well as the Middle Class Tax Rebate for 2022.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

The FTB issues Form 1099-MISC for MCTR payments of $600 or more so that should not be on the 1099-G.  Please confirm the amount on your 1099-G by viewing your Payment History in UI Online.  If you do not agree with the amount on your Form 1099-G, call 1-866-401-2849 Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time), except state holidays.

@Mark1987

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
fj7
Level 1

So I entered an amount for PFL in state taxes section. However, I realized it was incorrect and I've been trying to edit it but it won't let me in turbotax. Is there another way to edit that state taxes section? Note: In the federal taxes section, I already hit "No I don't have any of the uncommon situations" where it asks for Paid family leave. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies