On my w-2 box 14 shows 2477.69 flex but I did not have any flex withheld from my salary in 2016. what is this?

Employers can put just about anything in box 14; it's a catch-all for items that don't have their own dedicated box on the W-2.

In TurboTax, enter the description from your W-2's box 14 on the first field in the row. Enter the dollar amount and select the correct tax category that goes with that description. Generally, the information does not affect your return.

If none of the categories apply, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose Other–not on above list.

If you have questions about this value, you should contact your employer.