Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ohio taxes wants a date of my winnings but I don't gamble so I have no date

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

If you did not have any gambling winnings, just enter 12/31/2017 when asked for the date. Entering a date won't, by itself, create any taxable income.

You probably ought to check your tax file to make sure there isn't a Form W-2G: Certain Gambling Winnings that is adding gambling winnings to your return.

Use the "Delete a Form" tool to see what forms are in your tax file, state and federal. If there is a W-2G, remove it along with any associated worksheets.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the W-2G (if there is one), log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm it has been removed from your return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

If you did not have any gambling winnings, just enter 12/31/2017 when asked for the date. Entering a date won't, by itself, create any taxable income.

You probably ought to check your tax file to make sure there isn't a Form W-2G: Certain Gambling Winnings that is adding gambling winnings to your return.

Use the "Delete a Form" tool to see what forms are in your tax file, state and federal. If there is a W-2G, remove it along with any associated worksheets.

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the W-2G (if there is one), log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool (List of Forms in My Return) to confirm it has been removed from your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies