Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

NY IT-360.1 TP column A of line 17 Federal adjustments to income worksheet not agree to total transferred from income alloc worksheet line 17 col A lines should total $0

Yes, that is correct. However, there appears to be an error that has been populating for this contribution add back for those that file IT-360.1.

@STravlos

I will take a look at your token today.

@Jmt332

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

NY IT-360.1 TP column A of line 17 Federal adjustments to income worksheet not agree to total transferred from income alloc worksheet line 17 col A lines should total $0

I looked over your return with the token provided. I was able to clear the message with the following steps:

1. Opened the New York return.
  2. Noted that the issue was the qualified dividends ($95) and the 199a dividends ($5) that was inputted from your 1099-DIV was not flowing correctly to an IT-225 form. This was creating an error because the $100 was on your IT-360.1 and your state adjusted gross income was not calculating due to these state additions.
  3. Per NYS IT-201 Instructions (page 17), these items (which were not in your federal adjusted gross income), should be added back to your return as a NY addition.
  4. On the page titled Changes to Federal Income, click Start next to NY taxable federally tax-exempt US obligations (under the section Investment Adjustments). Enter 100
  5. Continue through the state interview.
  6. On the page Allocate New York State Adjustments, enter 100 as your total NY adjustments and 55 for NYC (55% allocation used).
  7. Your error should be cleared.

Please comment below and provide another token with the updates if this does not clear your error.

@Jmt332

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jmt332

This didn’t work - I’m still getting the same error message unfortunately.

My token is 805201

I am having the same issue on line 17 of form IT-360. It says the total should add up to $0 but will not let me type into the form to change this error. Token is 822914. Thank you.

amuseu

Same.  It appears to be a glitch in the system?  FYI-I am using Safari on a Mac to access Turbo Tax.  The IT-360.1 TP keeps telling me to change the amounts in Column A of the Line 18a - IT-558 (because) they do not agree with the total transferred from the income Allocation Worksheet to Line 18a Column A.  Above line should total ______. I go to type (blank amount) and click continue and it brings me to this "IT-360.1 TP -- Change of City Resident Status Stmt - TP: Total Fed Adj, Federal -- The amounts entered in Column A of the Line 17 - Federal Adjustments to Income Worksheet do not agree with the total transferred from the Income Allocation Worksheet to Line 17 Column A. Above line(s) should total $0"

which I change, click continue and random numbers populate both these entries OTHER than what I had been told to type.  I've done this 10 times and can't bypass the glitch.  When will it be fixed?  NYS as a independent contractor/LLC requires that I e-File and not mail.  If I mail I get penalized for your glitch?  Please help.

My token is: 840271

hl12342

How do I even go back to the "Allocate Federal Adjustments to Income" page or "Taxable HSA Distribution" page? I have literally tried every single links and never been prompted again for those pages

xxx3333

I am also experiencing the same issues with the form, but none of the fixes seem to be working. 
Token: 860899

Token Number 874005

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies