Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NY COVID distributions delay

Anyone else getting this message. I’d like to e-file but this is holding me back. Any idea when TurboTax will be ready?

”Pension/Annuities/IRA Worksheet: Txble Pens/IRA(Reg Dist) We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief. You can keep working on your return and we'll remove this message when it's ready.”

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

56 Replies

im having the same issue i hope it is solved soon 

same here, im from ny. i already efiled federal. im just wating to file ny state.turbotax2020.png

Yup same here.  Hoping it gets resolved soon.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON IS THERE ANYONE WE CAN CONTACT FROM TURBO TAX THIS IS ANNOYING 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

In regards to this error, please see the Help Article here for further assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you, but what if we already filed the federal and can no longer edit that. How can we get passed this error? 

I have the same problem as RDB7513.  I already filed my federal taxes, so I am unable to edit.  Also, I do not see the screen mention in that help page.  I am using TurboTax for Home and Business 2020 and have downloaded all updates.

Can't you just create an option to "force" the refund to submit?

@HeatherPLO 

I followed the instructions on the linked article you posted. It says to go the the "state review" button on the top menu. I'm using the windows desktop version and don't see that button, only "review", which appears to do both Fed and state. Is that as it should be?

I'm having the same issue. This article gives the same results. Nothing is fixed. Can someone give an update when this will be resolved?

suffusion

Hi - this does not fix the issue. I am still getting a message saying "We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief."

Please advise how I can submit without this error message. Thanks

Your suggestion didnt help i dont understand what the problem is and why it cannot be fixed this may be the last time i purchase this software.

Szabunka925
Returning Member

I have the same problem also.  I tried the link and followed it to the online version for helping and when it comes to fixing my New York portion, it wont allow me to edit anything.   On a side note, the federal portion also has me do a review for the 1099R and I had $250.00 taken out for state taxes but that number can not be higher than the gross distribution in box 16, and that is blank.  I can change the 250 to 0 and that settles the issue but then my state refund goes down $250.00

NY State Error for COVID Retirement Distributions - "We're still working on updates related to Retirement Distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief."

No it doesn't work, the message is still there- NOT LETTING to e-file

I am using non resident  form  IT-203,

thank you 

We are having the same issue using TurboTax for Home and Business

Not possible to fix error, not possible to file NY state  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies