turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hicham123
Returning Member

Moved from Maryland end of June, but in turbotax it shows maryland taxable income the salary I made in Maryland though dates put in TT. Weird ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Moved from Maryland end of June, but in turbotax it shows maryland taxable income the salary I made in Maryland though dates put in TT. Weird ??

Not weird, but tax returns often don't seem to make sense.  However, your income in Maryland from 1/1/2017 through the end of June should be reported to and taxed by the State on Maryland on a Part-Year Resident return. 

You should have a second Part-Year Resident return for your new state, showing the income for the rest of the year 2017.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Not weird, but tax returns often don't seem to make sense.  However, your income in Maryland from 1/1/2017 through the end of June should be reported to and taxed by the State on Maryland on a Part-Year Resident return. 

You should have a second Part-Year Resident return for your new state, showing the income for the rest of the year 2017.

hicham123
Returning Member

Thanks. Yes at the end of MD state tax it asked to enter number of days in each state and that corrected the total. All set. Many thanks.

My pleasure.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies