Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jtapajna

Should I manually enter the Indiana K-1 withholding credit on page 1 of the Indiana return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

Should I manually enter the Indiana K-1 withholding credit on page 1 of the Indiana return?

No, state tax wihholding on a K-1 is entered in the federal return along with all the other information from that K-1. You blew past it. Slow down. Read every word on every screen you are shown and understand what it is asking of you.

Edit that K-1 again and look for the opportunity to enter Other deductions. That's Box 13 on a 1065 K-1 for example (you didn't tell us which K-1 you have so I can't give you specifics), and it would be with a Code (Code W Other deductions, on a 1065 K-1). Step-by-Step will then take you to where you enter details about the "Other deductions" and one of those is State income tax withheld.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TerryA
Intuit Alumni

No, state tax wihholding on a K-1 is entered in the federal return along with all the other information from that K-1. You blew past it. Slow down. Read every word on every screen you are shown and understand what it is asking of you.

Edit that K-1 again and look for the opportunity to enter Other deductions. That's Box 13 on a 1065 K-1 for example (you didn't tell us which K-1 you have so I can't give you specifics), and it would be with a Code (Code W Other deductions, on a 1065 K-1). Step-by-Step will then take you to where you enter details about the "Other deductions" and one of those is State income tax withheld.

Kurt8
Returning Member

I followed your instructions and it worked. 

But what if the partnership does business in multiple states?  Entry was only allowed for one?

What if the federal K-1 does not list the state income tax withheld in box 13(W), which is my case?

Why do you not use the amount that is entered on the Indiana K-1 for state income tax withheld?  Why do you even allow entry to this field if it is not used?

FYI, I am going slowly and using the step-by-step instructions, but sometimes this program is clear as mud.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies