Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NJ E Filing Error Message

I am getting the same message after updating Turbo Tax this morning (2/17/2022).  Ready to file my daughters Fed and State returns and can not efile NJ due to this error.  Is there a hot line I can call that anyone knows.  

I agree Broncos07940...seems a bit suspicious to me

Pith

Yes - exactly the same problem.

I have the same issue and i also paid the fee to file

Pith

No, I cannot e-file, although Turbo Tax took my e-filing payment

This is currently being worked on, The team has the issue and will work diligently to resolve this as soon as possible. 

I don't think that is the issue. My return includes form 8995, but I did my son's tax return that doesn't include form 8995 and he has the same error message preventing NJ e-file.  Beginning to think this is a more widespread issue with all Turbotax NJ returns. Broncos07940 may have it right when he said NJ state may have a problem with processing efile refunds right now. 

LDTT
Level 2

please make sure development also addresses this which I really suspect is related.  In any case I can't file if this is part of my submission:

After the message about being ineligible to e-file, I printed a copy for final review, I saw that TT erroneously indicated the following were part of what I was about to submit:

Federal extension filed.
The address above is a foreign address.
Your address has changed.
Death certificate is enclosed.
I authorize the Division of Taxation to discuss my return and enclosures with my preparer

NJ-1040-O is enclosed. 

TO BE CLEAR, these are erroneous.  Among other things, I am not dead.

sethness
Returning Member

me too

gudday2u
Returning Member

I found an 8995 form with a supposed pass through qualified deduction of $37 from reit's I had invested in.  Says it is a qualified business deduction but reading all the other comments it is had to believe this is the issue. I guess I will have to wait for a TT answer.

Yes, I have same "Not Eligible for Electronic Filing" for NJ state return because of a "Pass-Through Business Alternative Income Tax Credit"

But am not self-employed and so not eligible.

What's solution?  Has anyone contacted Turbo Tax on this?  TY!

LDTT
Level 2

please make sure development also addresses this which I really suspect is related.  In any case I can't file if this is part of my submission:

After the message about being ineligible to e-file, I printed a copy for final review, I saw that TT erroneously indicated the following were part of what I was about to submit:

Federal extension filed.
The address above is a foreign address.
Your address has changed.
Death certificate is enclosed.
I authorize the Division of Taxation to discuss my return and enclosures with my preparer

NJ-1040-O is enclosed.  

juandoy
Returning Member

Same issue with my Cx 

NJPandaTax
Returning Member

Same issue here - "Not Eligible for Electronic Filing" for NJ state return because of a "Pass-Through Business Alternative Income Tax Credit"

But am not self-employed and so not eligible.

Tried to bypass it and file, but it failed

tdnj
Returning Member

I'm getting the same message, and I too had to wait until today to file because of the Schedule NJ-DOP due to stock sales. I do NOT have any business tax stuff on my return.

What it looks like to me is that turbotax is erroneously inserting inserting a "0" on line 35 of your NJ state tax form, which is flagging the review, because anything entered on that line invalidates the ability to e-file. That's my theory anyway. It seems like a programming error.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies