Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

slanem

New york state asked for copies of w2s to verify taxes withheld? Is this normal? Am I in trouble?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

New york state asked for copies of w2s to verify taxes withheld? Is this normal? Am I in trouble?

You are not in trouble ... and the state can ask for anything they want.  It probably means the employer has not send in the W-3 to the state so they need to see your W-2.  Simply comply as requested asap. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

What is the address I send them to? They did not state where in the letter.

send them to the office where the letter came from or call the number on the notice to get the address.

You are not in trouble ... and the state can ask for anything they want.  It probably means the employer has not send in the W-3 to the state so they need to see your W-2.  Simply comply as requested asap. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies