Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tam78

New Jersey Disability

my employer did not include my NJ disability on my W-2, so I have to manually enter it. I understand to enter it as 3rd party sick pay, per your answers,  but what is the code ? O do I just add this income to the income listed on my W-2?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

New Jersey Disability

Did you get a 1099-G for it instead?  If not, ask your employer to provide a corrected W-2.
tam78

New Jersey Disability

no 1099, no W-2 that includes disability. Employer is not responding to my requests. I have the figures from the state but not sure on how to proceed.

New Jersey Disability

Do not edit the W-2 yourself. The IRS gets a copy and will just change it back.

Ask your employer to provide you (and the IRS) with a corrected W-2.

https://www.nj.gov/labor/roles/empupdte/TaxReporting.html

New Jersey Disability

what, if employer ask for around $300 for new W-2, to update New Jersey temp. Disability income into already issued W-2? Is there any other way. to report this income while filling federal tax, without updating W-2?

TomK100
Expert Alumni

New Jersey Disability

The employer is required by law to provide accurate tax documents for themselves and their employees.  What it boils down to is that you can call the IRS at 800-829-1040 and have them issue a W-2 complaint to the employer.  The IRS will send a letter requiring that they reissue a correct W-2 within 10 days with a penalty for failure to comply.  The IRS will also send you a letter and a form 4852 which you fill out with the correct information if the employer still fails to comply.  Form 4852 is a substitute for a W-2 used by you to provide necessary tax info.  You'd also attach the incorrect W-2 and a notation as to what part is incorrect.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies