You enter them on the Deductions&Credits page in the Federal section:
For the desktop software (Online software is similar, but sections are worded slightly different)
....in the Federal section
....on the "Deductions&Credits" page
...Down in the "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid" section
.......there is an "Estimates" sub-section enter in there and there is a specific menu item for state estimated tax payments where you can enter the dates , and amounts you paid for 2020 state taxes.
State estimated taxes paid are entered as part of your Federal return and then transferred to the state return. The reason for this is that the state estimated payments are included as a possible Federal tax deduction on Schedule A, itemized deductions.
Use the following steps to go to the section of your return to enter your NC state estimated payments:
- On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
- This opens a box where you can type in “estimated tax payments” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
- The search results will give you an option to “Jump to estimated tax payments”
- Click on the blue “Jump to estimated tax payments” link
- Click Start beside State Estimated Taxes for 2020 to enter your information
The amounts entered will be carried to your state tax return and applied toward your taxes.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"