turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state (WA) isn't showing under associated states for local taxes. It keeps asking me to review, what do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

My state (WA) isn't showing under associated states for local taxes. It keeps asking me to review, what do I do?

WA does not have a state income tax so you can clear the boxes 15-17 as long as there are no tax withholdings in them.   Leave them all blank.  But you may need to do this by editing the W-2 if it does not work in the review screens.   Sometimes it does, but often times you will need to go back to the Wages and Income section and edit the W-2 to clear those boxes.  Search for W-2 and select the Jump to link in the search results.  

AlaskaFloridaNevadaSouth DakotaTexasWashington, and Wyoming don't have income tax. If you're a resident of one of these states, you don't need to file a return in that state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Megp707

Boxes 15-17 are blank. This is for boxed 18-20, local wages. 

The drop down where I am supposed to select my state, Washington, isn’t there to select. 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

What local wages is this referring to? Is there an entry in box 19 (the tax withheld for the locality)?

If not, then blank out boxes 18, 20, and 20 as well.

Megp707

There is entry on boxes 18,19, and 20. 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

OK, since we in the Community cannot see your private tax data, what are the entries in boxes 18, 19, and 20?

I suppose that box 18 is "WA", right? What is in box 19, and what is the locality in box 20? In short, what income tax is this referring to?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies