turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My question is for the additional deduction for south carolina for dependents. It's not showing on the top of my screen for the credit of $8,220. What do I do?

South Carolina allows an additional deduction for Dependents under the age of 6.It says for my two dependents, I would receive a credit of $8220. I was wondering why it wasn't showing up at the top with the federal refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My question is for the additional deduction for south carolina for dependents. It's not showing on the top of my screen for the credit of $8,220. What do I do?

A SC deduction or credit will not be part of a FEDERAL refund.

There is a spot for the federal refund amount & a spot for the SC State Refund amount. It just shows $0. I'm not sure why it's a zero if it says I have this credit?

South Carolina allows an additional deduction for Dependents under the age of 6.

It says for my two dependents, I would receive a credit of $8220.

You are confusing deductions and credits.  SC gives a deduction, which is a subtraction from state income, before the tax is calculated.  It is not a credit or a refund. Look on your SC tax return, Subtraction from Federal Taxable Income, line t.

https://dor.sc.gov/forms-site/Forms/SC1040_2018.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies