Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mattmoshe

My parents claim me, and they live in DE. I am in college in Tenn., have a a part time job and all $ from my part time job was earned here. Do I pay DE state taxes?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

My parents claim me, and they live in DE. I am in college in Tenn., have a a part time job and all $ from my part time job was earned here. Do I pay DE state taxes?

Yes. Even though the income was earned in Tennessee, where there is no income tax requirement, the permanent resident state is allowed to tax all income earned with a credit allowed only for any amount of tax paid to another state. 

See 2019 Delaware Form 200-01 Instructions, page 5 stating that the income must begin with the Federal Adjusted Gross Income and page 6 about line 10, Other State Tax Credit.

@mattmoshe

Hal_Al
Level 15

Yes. A  student, attending school out-of-state, is considered a resident of the state where his parents live, if he is their dependent. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies