allandunavan

My Nebraska return doesn't appear to be correct. Wages around $3000. Tax paid $106. Ne St Refund $1223. Doesn't appear to be correct.

My Nebraska return doesn't appear to be correct. I checked my return and it appears I'm getting $1223 refund on my Nebraska state tax. I believe I submitted wages of around $3200 and had a Nebraska state tax of $106. I don't understand how Turbo Tax entered a refund of $1233?

KyleM

Hi @allandunavan - are you sure you didn't enter an additional tax amount somewhere? Are you filing jointly? You're right, and it doesn't seem right to refund more than you paid. 

KyleM

allandunavan

I looked at my return.  It looks like I missed the placement of a decimal when I entered the amount of tax.  I'll try and file an amended return this evening. 

allandunavan

I cannot locate the process to change the amount.  I didn't realize when entering the amount that Turbotax doesn't like decimals.  Thus the amount $13.94 turned into $1394 on the Nebraska State Tax paid.  
allandunavan

Is there a form I can use to adjust this amount?